This site is a Wiki. Please feel free to update, edit or comment on any page via the "edit" and "discussion" tabs above.
From Information about Isaak, Brock University's Sakai-Based LMS
The contest to Name Brock's Sakai-based System's Results
Congratulations to Rob Goldberg for suggesting the winning name! Rob came up with the name by rearranging the letters used to spell Sakai in Isaak. This name references both Brock University's namesake, Sir. Isaac Brock, and the Sakai Learning Management System that Brock's LMS is based on.
- Amanda Bishop, Brock University Film Society
- Maureen Connolly, Director of the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Educational Technologies
- James Cooper, Cool Climate Oenology and Viticulture Institute
- Greg Finn, Vice-Provost, and Associate Vice-President, Academic
- Jenna Novess, Office of International Recruitment and Joint Ventures
- Martha Nelson, Director of the Office of University Communications
- Jeffery Sinibaldi, Media Relations Officer
- Dorothy Witte, Executive Assistant to the Vice President
- Philip Wright, Executive Director, Information Technology Services
As part of the introduction of Sakai to Brock University a naming contest was held. The intent was to separate the service offered by a Learning Management System at Brock University from the product name, in this case the Sakai Project's Sakai CLE.
Isaak was chosen from 454 suggested names.
There will be only one winner. If similar names are submitted by different individuals the person that submitted the name first will be selected. Enter as often as you would like. Contest will end during 2008.
FIPPA Information Collection Notice
Brock University protects your privacy and your personal information. The personal information requested on this form is collected under the authority of The Brock University Act, 1964, and in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) for the administration of the University and its programs and services. Direct any questions about this collection to Matt Clare in the CTLET at Brock University at 905 688 5550, ext. 4734 or see www.brocku.ca/ctlet/ web site.