There is currently an issue creating new image thumbnails. This issue will be resolved shortly. All other services are functioning correctly.
From Geriatric Nursing Education
Note: This Wiki is currently being updated. Apologies for any inconvenience. If you have any suggestions for how we can make this Wiki better, please email Ashley at email@example.com
Welcome to the Gerontology Health Education Wiki
The purpose of this Wiki is to share resources and tools to improve gerontological content in health education. The Wiki is a way to continue to share knowledge, resources, and tools and for others to join in the process of knowledge exchange with us.
Feel free to add new information. See the help and tips for contributing to the wiki section below.
Please click on the link Abuse and Neglect of Older Adults Teaching Resources to find best practice guidelines, eLearning, videos, and more to help you teach students about abuse and neglect of older adults.
Please click on the link Alzheimers and Dementia Teaching Resources to find best practice guidelines, eLearning, videos, and more to help you teach students about Alzheimers Disease and dementia in older adults.
Please click on the link Delirium Teaching Resources to find best practice guidelines, eLearning, videos, and more to help you teach students about delirium in older adults.
Please click on the link Medication and Older Adults Teaching Resources to find best practice guidelines, eLearning, videos, and more to help you teach students about medications and older adults.
Please click on the link Mental Health and Addictions in Older Adults Teaching Resources to find best practice guidelines, eLearning, videos, and more to help you teach students about mental health and addictions in older adults.
Please click on the link Older Adult Fitness Teaching Resources to find best practice guidelines, PowerPoint lectures, videos, and more to help you teach students about older adult fitness.
Please click on the link Sexuality and Older Adults Teaching Resources, to find online information to help you teach students about sexuality and older adults.
 Great Websites for Gerontology Teaching Resources
Here you can find some great websites for gerontology information and resources:
- brainXchange is a great website that has resources about mental and neurological health conditions related to aging. Click here to search for resources: Resource Centre Topics A-Z
- CDRAKE, the Canadian Dementia Resource and Knoweldge Exchange, provides in-person and virtual knowledge exchange, through blogs, question and answer with Knowledge Brokers, links to resources, and online events.
- CCSMH, the Canadian Coalition for Seniors' Mental Health website has best practice guidelines, guides, case-based tutorials, and toolkits. Click here for a list of resources: CCSMH Resources
- The National Hartford Center of Gerontological Nursing Excellence is an excellent website for geriatric nursing, and has a resources page with a list of links to resource sites, publications, and model programs. Click here for the resources page: NHCGNE Resources
- ConsultGeri is part of the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing. It is a fantastic website for gerontology teaching resources, including videos, e-learning, webinars, and a curriculum guide for faculty. These resources can be found by clicking here and selecting "tools" or "education and training".
- North Carolina Learning Objects Repository (NCLOR) at Duke University Geriatric Nursing Innovations in Education. "The Learning Objects Repository (LRB) is a searchable database that contains an array of resources useful for anyone teaching geriatric nursing content using strategies that promote learner-centered instruction. Contents include but are not limited to: face-to-face and online lesson plans that promote active, student-directed instruction, sample cases for discussion and role play, relevant journal articles, PowerPoint presentation of faculty development workshops, hand-outs, learning contracts, and more. The LRB is an evolving clearinghouse for reusable resources that is continually augmented, evaluated and udated for continual use." Login as a guest at http://www.explorethelor.org/ then search using the term "nursing".
- POGOe Portal of Geriatric Online Education. The Portal of Geriatric Online Education (POGOe) is a free public repository of geriatric educational materials including quizzes, lectures, exercises, virtual patients, case-based discussions, simulations, as well as links to other resources. Click here to explore the website: POGOe
- Geriatric Pain is a website offering evidenced resources for health practitioners. Click here to explore plan teaching resources: Educational Resources for Clinical Staff
 Help and tips for contributing to this Wiki
Anyone can contribute to the Wiki. We had some challenges with SPAM, so we had to restrict contributions to people who are logged in. To log in, you need to create an account. Anyone can create an account, you don't have to be affiliated with Brock University. Simply click on the log in text in the top right hand corner of the page, create an account, log in, and add material to the wiki.